On this week's Snap Judgement, you can hear our very own Zahra talking about heaven points, eating pork, wearing hijab and religious farts! She took the stage at the Snap Judgement LIVE Oakland show earlier this year. Take a listen! And for those of you coming to our website for through listening to Snap Judgement - thanks for stopping by! And be sure to subscribe to the #GoodMuslimBadMuslim Podcast!
In our sexy episode of #GoodMuslimBadMuslim we talk about a lot of fun fun stuff. Special thanks to Ellen & Eric for making this show happen this month! Follow the hot links below:
- The organization HEART is releasing a book for Muslims on their wedding night.
- The Joy Of Sex was first published in the 1970s.
- For your halal sex needs we now have the Halal Sex Shop, open now in the UK.
- Check out the book Love, Inshallah which Zahra and Taz are both in!
- You can read the book Al-Jinn by Ahmed Sakr online here.
- Jihotties are getting sent over to Daesh for their sexual needs.
- But the ISIS sex slaves escaped and have started their own army.
- The sex-positive Muslim women of the Tuareg Tribe from the Sahara.
- President Obama went to go visit a mosque for the first time of his presidency.
- Ben Carson affirms #MuslimCrazy and says all Muslims are schizophrenic for living in a Democracy.
- South Carolina's House government bans Shahria Law, in a sweeping original move.
- Hijarbie Barbie is a fashionable thing now.
- The edible burka art project from Afghani Behnaz Babazadeh is simply scrumptious.
- Serial Podcast is back - listen to Asia McClain take the stand for Adnan Syed.
- This Absurd FBI Site Teaches Teens to Spot Violent Extremists (very very very poorly) over at Gizmodo.
- ACLU just put in a FOIA request to see what the FBI is doing behind Countering Violent Extremism program.
Thank you so much to University of Michigan's South Asian Awareness Network for hosting us for this episode of #GoodMuslimBadMuslim! Check out the following links to follow along to Episode #13 - Live From University of Michigan:
- Zahra and Taz were in Oprah Magazine as a Must Listen Podcast!
- Hamptramack, Michigan has a Muslim majority City Council. They even refer to themselves as BanglaTown!
- Governor Snyder rejected refugees from coming to Michigan.
- Flint, Michigan crisis and what the emails have shown us.
- Sterling Heights in Michigan rejected having a mosque getting built for fear of ISIS.
- Dolce & Gabbana release fancy shmancy high end hijabs.
- Zahra & Taz were guests on the Denzel Washington is the Greatest Actor of All Time Podcast talking about the movie The Siege. And then they invented a drinking game.
- Favianna Rodriguez is an amazing radical brown artist.
- Republicans want to bomb Agrabah, the fictional city from the Disney movie Aladdin.
- Not Without My Daughter was a big deal movie to Iranians.
- Sarah Palin endorses Trump.
- A hijabi woman showed up to a Trump rally and people got mad.
- The 2011 Hijabi Flashmob Taz and crew did at the RightOnline conference.
- The movie The Muslims Are Coming is very different now.
- Why Precisely is Bernie Sanders Against Reparations? by Ta-Nehisi Coates in The Atlantic.
- Nikki Haley was under bright lights at State of the Union Address.
- We the BEST because DJ Khaled is on Snapchat and said so. Here's an Old People's Guide to DJ Khaled.
- Dalia Mogahed on The Daily Show talking about the hijab gets our Good Muslim Award for this month.
- Taz's #MuslimVDay Cards were on Buzzfeed!
Can you believe it has been a year of #GoodMuslimBadMuslim-ing? Thanks to the SF Grotto for hosting us for this recording! Check out the following links to follow along to Episode #12: Muslim Christmas:
- We got Wired! Check us out in "5 Women Quashing Preconceptions About Islam on Social Media" in the December 2015 issue.
- Totally fangirled when Glenn Greenwald tweeted about us.
- Zahra writes a piece over at Bitch Magazine called, "A Self-Care Guide To Counter Trump Fatigue."
- Taz writes about what it is like growing up in San Bernardino in aftermath of San Bernardino shootings for Truthout: Islamophobia After San Bernardino.
- There have been lots and lots of hate crimes against people perceived as Muslim since the San Bernardino shootings. Here's a list.
- Somali American child falls to death - hate crime or not is still being debated.
- President Obama addresses the San Bernardino shooting.
- Zahra talks to Neda Ulaby at NPR about What American Muslims Do On Christmas.
- Donald Trump leading in the polls, but Taz isn't sure how.
- Republican party wants to kick Trump out of their party.
- Hasan Minhaj refers to Trump as WISIS - in other words, WHITE ISIS. Which totally makes sense.
- Heaven Points as defined by Zahra in her column The Infidel Husband.
- Princess Leia Hijabi Tutorial
- We Are Better Than This Campaign ad in The New York Times - be sure to sign and show your support!
- Bollywood actor Aamir Khan talks about how the Modi government has created a sense of fear in India.
- Reporters allowed into home of San Bernardino shooters home.
- Millennial Muslims are using apps to date.
- After two years, Taz's monthly Radical Love column has come to an end! Catch up - all the essays will be online right here.
This past week the #GoodMuslimBadMuslim team was on the road for the Muslim Funny Fest in New York City. The festival was great - there were some amazing comedians that had us laughing and cringing. Our very own Zahra did an awesome set on the second day of the festival - and you can check it out right here. Watch, laugh, enjoy! Thanks to the organizers of the event for creating a much needed space.
And stay tuned for our New YorK City podcast which will be uploaded very very soon!
We've had an exciting time this summer! And an exciting time with media. Thank you so much to everyone that's been listening to our podcast, sharing it, covering it, and giving us some love. We read all of your emails and tweets, even if we don't respond. We love you, we really do.
Here's a summary of some of our funnest media hits this summer. We love talking to media. So if you are in the media, do hit us up! We would love to talk to you! And to follow the conversation, please be sure to use the hashtag #GoodMuslimBadMuslim!
Wow, what an incredible month - we are super excited to have been invited to the All Things Considered Weekend Edition with Arun Rath. We had a great conversation which you can listen to at the audio below and be sure to read the article too (excerpt below!).