We were at the Comedy Comedy Festival in LA chilling in the podcast lounge when we just happened to do an episode. But what else has been happening?
- Taz went to the White House (again) for the Eid party! And she looked great.
- Also, she's in a book called Good Girls Marry Doctors, out now (20% off at Aunt Lute).
- Did you know that August is Muslim Appreciation Month in California? No wonder we're in a drought, all those Muslims are using the water for wudhu! #CreepingSharia.
- We got to meet Andrew Ti of the Yo, Is this Racist? podcast and record an episode with him! It's an Eid two-for-one deal.
- Two awful, awful hate crimes occurred. In New York, an imam and his assistant were shot, while a racist Texan shot an Arab-American to death after running over his mother.
- The burqini ban sucks, but it was repealed pretty quickly. We don't need any white saviors for our boobs.
- After the Wrath of Khan occurred at the DNC, Muslim women everywhere took part in #CanYouHearUsNow on Twitter. Many people also visited Humayan Khan's grave to lay flowers.
- Zahra talked to her dad about the Purvi Patel feticide case, and it was brutal.
- The Elgin Imam said he was GUILTY.