HOLY MOLY, they let us in to record from INSIDE the White House! Here are the links so you can follow along:
- Taz got an award from the White House! She was one of ten Asian American and Pacific Islanders who received the Champion of Change in Art and Storytelling award last month. Check out the blog Taz wrote for the White House about the award, the Crafting with Mom and Collecting Legacies #MyAAPIStory she recorded for StoryCorps, and this interview she gave to Dexter Thomas with the LA Times with fellow awardees Jenny Yang and Jason Fong!
- Taz recorded a reflection of her White House visit over at her epistolry project Bholo::Speak
- This student said "Inshallah" on a Southwest flight, and then got kicked off. It's fact.
- Students at San Diego State University protested the university's president by praying in front of his car.
- A Muslim woman files a lawsuit against Long Beach Police Dept for having her remove her hijab. You know, because that's illegal.
- POTUS went to a Baltimore Mosque, the first visit by the administration to a mosque. Here's what he said.
- Toddlers are involved with more shootings than Muslims. Well that should have been obvi.
- Chobani workers gain ownership of the business, thanks to the generous Muslim company owner.
- Did you miss it? Taz and Zahra were in Cosmopolitan - where they called us twenty-somethings. Which is the total truth.
- We had an awesome conversation with fellow #WHChamps Fawzia Mirza and Kayhan Irani.
BONUS: Check out this White House AAPI Heritage Month Playlist! Mishthi Music (Taz's music site) helped curate this list!